ALL STAR ACCOUNTING PROFESSIONALS, INC. Yearly Planning Meeting
November 2, 2017
- Vice President Melissa Barton opened the November 2nd Our November meeting is typically designed as a planning meeting to set the course for the new year.
- Renee Trump mentioned we have an increase in new members. We have started to use Meet Up as a means of communicating between members. If you have not yet joined our Meet Up group, please do so. If Meet Up works well, we will likely move away from Evites for meeting notifications.
- Currently in our monthly meetings, we allow one meeting as a guest at no charge. Those wishing to attend a second time need to become a member to continue to attend. Fees are currently $60 a year.
- If you wish to join our Facebook ASAPPDX please ask for an invite. As a member of All Star Accounting Professionals, feel free to use our ASAP logo.
- Melissa asked members whether we should have more networking after the speaker concludes their presentation. We decided the presenter could present for 45 minutes, allowing 15 minutes at the end to discuss questions further. Some members received a lot from our meetings that were freer flowing discussions without a special topic selected ahead of time. About 2/3rds of our group was interested in external social events.
- It was mentioned that there is a software program called pdf2qbo which is helpful to import data into QuickBooks Online. Hiram mentioned that he liked the project management tool called “work” in QBO.
- In lieu of a December meeting, we will enjoy a holiday luncheon at the Stockpot Broiler restaurant located at 8200 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton OR 97008 starting at 11:30 AM. Our group has a private room reserved. Please come join us for a festive and fun lunch
- Please remember that All Star Accounting Professionals, Inc. does not meet in January due to the heavy workload on members that month.
- We will resume our monthly meetings beginning February 1, 2018 at the Meals on Wheels location at 7710 SW 31st Avenue, Portland OR 97219. Meetings will continue the first Thursday of each month.