ALL STAR ACCOUNTING PROFESSIONALS, INC. Meeting Minutes Bullet Points
July 6, 2017
- The June 6 meeting was held at the Meals on Wheels building located at 7710 SW 31st Avenue in Portland.
- Renee Trump was the speaker for today’s meeting on the topic of The Cloud Accounting Ecosystem. Renee is an owner with the firm of Pasaban Accounting Solutions.
- Collaboration allows us to do more than we can do ourselves. Per research, 65% of users use the cloud for bookkeeping, invoicing and payments; 43% use smartphones to help run their business. The benefits include real time information for decision making and the ability to provide advisory services for clients.
- Renee discussed Defining the Workflow Adoption Curve which can be found at https://content.hubdoc.com/hubdoc-blog/defining-the-workflow-adoption-curve. This site shows the six stages of the workflow adoption curve, including awareness, research, trial period, initial adoption, client migration and workflow mastery.
- In the “Get Visual” portion of her presentation, Renee explained the main software her firm, Pasaban Accounting Solutions, uses to capture and report information. Pasaban uses Bill.com, Hubdoc, QuickBooks Online and Futrli.
- The final portion of the presentation discussed documenting and refining your processes. To wrap up the topic, we broke down into smaller groups to discuss one of more related questions that Renee included on the overhead screen.
- Kim closed the meeting by mentioning our website which can be found either at ASAPPDX.com or AllStarAccountingProfessionals.com. Meeting notes can be found on the blog tab of the website.
- Meetings are the first Thursday of each month from 11:30 – 1:00.
- We are looking for an Eastside location to meet. If anyone is aware of a potential Eastside location to hold meetings, please email Kim Boaz at Kim@backtobasicsbookkeeping.com.
- Recent quarterly social events include seeing the movie The Accountant and an after-hours social at The Punch Bowl Social in downtown Portland. September 21 is our next quarterly event date so please hold that date open.
- We are interested in growing our membership so please remember to promote ASAP on social media. We are also starting to offer short promotions to those who bring in a gift card or similar item of value for a business card drawing.
- The next All-Star Accounting Professional meeting will be held on August 3 at the Meals on Wheels location at 7710 SW 31st Avenue, Portland 97219. We hope to see you there!